VAREP Joins the HomeFree-USA Network
HFUSA is pleased to announce the addition of the Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals to its nationwide network.
VAREP is the first Veteran and Military focused HUD approved homeownership development agency in the nation that focuses specifically on the special needs of veterans and service members.
“We are excited to now be a HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency and to partner with HomeFree USA to expand our vital services to our veteran and servicemember communities across the nation,” said Son Nguyen, President of VAREP. “This HUD approval will allow us to strengthen our counseling and educational services in credit, budget, and home buying, which play a vital role in helping individuals who have served our nation improve their financial situation and fulfill their dream of becoming homeowners.”
While VAREP’s focus is on the active-military and veteran communities, its services are also offered to eligible low-to-moderate income (LMI) families who want to improve their financial situation and credit and realize the American Dream of homeownership. VAREP’s dedicated team members have worked hard during the past 4 years to provide services to the Veteran and Servicemember communities and have accomplished:
• Donating 18 mortgage-free homes to well deserving Military Hero’s
• Remodeled and sold 175 homes to veterans, first responders, teachers and civil servants
• Spent more than $4 million on home rehabilitation for Veteran homes
• Provided $60,000 in housing assistance grants for down payment, closing costs and adaptive housing construction
• Educated more than 2,500 veterans about home ownership
• Helped more than 1,500 Veteran and Servicemembers through VAREP Cares program.
• Placed more than 750 Veterans in homes
• Educated more than 6,000 Real Estate Agents and Lenders about the VA Loan program
• Hosted more than 50 Veteran Housing Summits to empower Veteran Home Ownership
• Held more than 300 Real Estate Industry Educational Seminars to educate more than 6,000 housing industry professionals about the VA Loan, Fair Housing, SCRA and the special requirements when working with Veterans and Servicemembers.
"VAREP has accomplished an incredible amount of good for the people who serve our country," said HFUSA president, Marcia Griffin. "We are honored and proud to include them in our network."